Things To Make and Do

June 29, 2003

For the first time in absolutely ages today I watched Bob Roberts and was again surprised by:

  • how well observed it is
  • how many famous people have cameo roles in it
  • how scary it actually is

    This got me thinking about what my favourite political movies are and, since I've never seen Mr Smith Goes To Washington it doesn't actually get on the list.

    I think that Bob Roberts is on there, probably my third favourite. All The President's Men is second because, let's face it, any movie that prominently features Deep Throat in dark multi-storey car parks can't be all bad. Top of the list and way out on its own is David Mamet's Wag The Dog.

    This is just from thinking it to myself for a minute or two, you understand. I haven't done any kind of research into these movies. I like the movie Dave pretty well, but I don't think I can call it political and keep a straight face.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home